Experience Mushing – 3-days journey
Activity Level 3/8
Duration 3 days
Distance 75 km
Relax into the rhythms of our northern lifestyle at the Beyond Expeditions ranch. Learn how to mush your own dog team and take care of huskies. Spend three days with your dogs exploring the mountains surrounding the Mendenhall river in the remote Yukon and have a stay in our cozy log cabin. During the evenings you get to relax and sample local food, look for northern lights and get introduced to Yukon’s dog sledding culture and natural history. When night falls, return to the comfort of your log cabin for a well-deserved rest. This is an immersive mushing experience without compromise.
Meet your dogs and learn the basics
Welcome to the Beyond Expeditions Ranch! We’ll introduce you to your team of huskies and build your skills on a three to four-hour ride on the plateau of Stony mountain. Keep an eye out for wood bison as we travel into its natural habitat. Back at the ranch, we’ll teach you how to feed and take care of your dogs, then it’s time for dinner and an evening of sled dog tales and history with your host, Pierre-Luc.
Discover Northern Sceneries
You’ll build your skills further today as we explore the higher elevations on the Tundra loop with breath taking views of the surrounding mountains and diverse environment such as aspen forests, boreal forest and alpine tundra. Bring your favorite dog into the cabin for the evening and together we’ll delve deeper into Yukon’s past. Pierre-Luc will introduce you to the natural history and geography of a the area which has interesting secrets to reveal.
Master your mushing on a longer journey
By now you’ll be ready to tackle more challenging trails as Pierre-Luc takes you to the west side of the Mendenhall river. Expect to spend a minimum of five hours on your sled. Keep an eye out again as well go by Bison Meadows where we see often bison and moose. Back at the ranch, we`ll set back and relax, feed the dogs, have good local meal, have a last coddling sessions with our furry friends and head back to town to your hotel. On the road, we’ll still be on the hunt for northern lights as the dark sky allows for seeing them as far a the suburbs of Whitehorse.
From December to April
$1695 CAD + GST
Log cabin (2 nights), Hotel (1 night)
Items included in the tour priceItems that are included in the cost of tour price.
- All meals at the ranch (lunch and dinner on days 1, 2 and 3)
- Log cabin accommodation on-site (Day 1 and 2)
- Hotel accommodations in the small city of Whitehorse on Day 3
- All dog sledding supplies: sleds, dog food, harnesses, etc.
- Professional guiding services
- Your own dog team (4 to 6 dogs)
- All immersive activities: Dog sledding history, natural history of the Yukon and Northern light viewing.
- Transportation to and from the ranch (50 min from Whitehorse) on Days 1 and 3.
Items not included in the tour priceItems that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Accommodation in Whitehorse prior to the tour (eve of Day 0)
- Breakfasts morning of Day 1
- Arctic winter clothing (available to rent through Beyond Expeditions)
- Personal clothing/base layers (see required gear list)
- Alcoholic beverages (however we will provide transportation to a local microbrewery and liquor store).
- Gratuities (tips)